Sat, Nov 17|
Hello Stitch Studio
Sewing with Leather: Make a Leather Tote Bag
Spend the day exploring your creativity and expanding your craft skills to create a leather tote that you can not only use every day, but will become even more beautiful with use.
Time & Location
Nov 17, 2018, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Hello Stitch Studio, 1708 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94703, USA
About the Event
Spend the day exploring your creativity and expanding your craft skills to create a leather tote that you can not only use every day, but will become even more beautiful with use. In this class, you will learn to make your own gorgeous leather tote bag. This course is for beginners looking to learn a new craft and makers who want to expand their leatherworking experience.
In this course you will:
- Create a leather tote that you can take home with you.
- Participate in a full day course including 7 hours of instruction with lunch and snacks provided.
- Get access to all the tools that you need to make your project.
- Receive all of the materials needed to complete your tote project.
- Use real leather sourced from reputable and environmentally conscious tanneries.
- Learn the skills to make another tote on your own.
- Get a solid introduction to leatherworking even if you are a complete beginner.
Making leather goods can seem intimidating at first, but Sean is a seasoned craftsperson and teacher who will guide you through every step. You’ll be exposed to the core skills of leatherworking so that you can continue exploring this craft and make projects on your own.
Skill Level: All levels
Supplies: All supplies, lunch, and snacks are included
About the instructor:
Sean Aquino has been making leather goods for seven years. He runs the blog and website Fine Leatherworking, which has been the go-to resource for advanced tools, materials and luxury leather craft inspiration since 2012.
This class comes with 2 hours of lab time at Hello Stitch from 6-8pm so that you can continue to work on your project with the help of the Hello Stitch Staff.
*Due to the special nature of this workshop, there is a no refund policy for this class. However, if you cannot attend the class, you may transfer it to a friend.