Thu, Jan 30|
Hello Stitch Studio
Sew Together - Dress a Girl Around the World
This Sew Together day is free to participants who want to donate their time and skills to make dresses for the charity Dress a Girl Around the World. What a great way to start off the new year!
Time & Location
Jan 30, 2020, 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Hello Stitch Studio, 1708 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94703, USA
About the Event
This Sew Together day is open to all levels of sewists, beginner through advanced. We do request that everyone knows how to sew a straight seam.
We will be making pillowcase dresses with embellished pockets. There are pre-cut kits available to take and sew at the studio and there will be two helpers to guide and support those who need it. We will have a cutting station for folks who love cutting, or want to learn more about making the kits.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- We will have 8 sewing machines available for use, if you want guaranteed sewing time consider bringing along your own machine.
- We will be collecting fabric donations 1.5 yard minimum cuts, to be turned into kits for the organization.
- We will be collecting embellishment donations (ribbon, ric-rac, etc.) minimum 18 inches, these are used to decorate the dress pockets.
- Bring your own lunch and/or a snack to share. We do have a small refirgerator and microwave available for your use.
- You don't have to stay the entire 4 hours, every bit of support you give will help!
The mission of Dress A Girl Around the World is to elevate the self esteem of girls around the world by providing every girl with a dress of her very own.
- Ticket type
Sew Together RegistrationPrice$0.00